How’s Your Sleep Quality? Take Our Quiz to Find Out
Nov. 08 2021
Ahh … sleep. It’s sometimes one of the most elusive aspects of human life, but one of the most important. Getting enough sleep helps us feel good throughout our day. It also helps us maintain our health. Did you know poor sleep quality is tied to several health conditions? It can also make existing conditions worse.
So how exactly do you know where you land on the good sleep quality scale? The best way to check is by asking yourself a few questions (be gentle, not judgey!), so you can make the best changes for your body. Because good z’s are hard to find.
Take this quiz to see where you’re at. Tally up how many “yes” answers you have to each question:
- You take more than 30 min to fall asleep after you get into bed.
- You regularly wake up more than once per night.
- You lie awake for more than 20 min when you wake up in the middle of the night
- You spend less than 85 percent of your time in bed asleep.
- You feel tired and have difficulty concentrating during the day. You may be drinking more caffeine to stay alert.
- Your skin is breaking out and your eyes are puffy, red or developing dark circles or bags.
- You feel hungry more often, especially for junk food and gaining weight.
- You feel more stressed out, emotionally exhausted and angrier than usual.
If you answered yes to three or more of these questions, it might be time to revisit your sleep routine.
Remember, quality sleep is important. Aim for seven to nine hours a night, turn off the lights early and check out our
“9 Tips for Better Sleep.”