Navigating the holidays can be tricky when you have type 2 diabetes, but Level2 has you covered. From deflecting “food pushers” to planning ahead when you are offered a holiday cocktail, we help you find strategies that will work to keep you healthy this holiday season. This Holiday Planner was created for Level2 members who attended the session, “Nutritional Strategies to Get You Through the Holidays,” but it’s a great tool for anyone looking for ways to watch their their blood sugar over the holidays.
The following questions will help you think about how to plan for the holidays this year. Print this page or write the answers in a journal so you can reflect and feel prepared for the coming weeks.
What is my biggest holiday success from the past?
What is my biggest holiday barrier?
How do I plan to overcome my barrier this year?
What is my nutrition plan for the holidays?
What does your ideal holiday plate look like? Write the foods you plan to eat here (or feel free to draw a plate and the foods on it):
Exercise is important, too!
What is my movement plan for the holidays?
- What type? __________________
- Examples: Yoga, weight training, walking, etc.
- How long? ______________________
- Example: 20 minutes, 4 times per week
- When? _____________________________
- Example: Thanksgiving morning
Continuous Glucose Monitor
Where are my current glucose levels now? ______________
Where do I want my glucose levels to be after the holiday? ______________
What kind of support to you need to be successful during this holiday season? Here are some ideas you can choose from:
- Sticky notes
- Phone reminders
- Using my coach or the Level2 app
- Asking a friend or family member to help
- Creating a menu
- Tracking my glucose levels through my CGM
- Creating a vision board
- Something else? (Write it!)
Nov. 16 2021