Enjoy this crunchy classic.
Eating healthy does not mean you have to give up your favorite dishes! Next time you are craving classic chicken salad, give this healthy and crunchy twist a try.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 2 cups cooked chicken (chunked)
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 cup grapes
- 1 apple (small, diced, leave the peel on)
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain
1. Use leftover cooked chicken, or cook enough chicken to make 2 cups of chicken pieces.
2. Chop the celery and green pepper into small pieces.
3. Peel and chop 1/4 of an onion.
4. Peel and chop half of a cucumber.
5. Chop the apple into pieces. It’s okay to leave the peel on the apple.
6. Cut the grapes in half.
7. Put all the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together.
Notes: Serve on lettuce, crackers, or bread.
Source: Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network, choosemyplate.gov
Jan. 08 2021