Journaling, the act of writing things down, keeps you accountable and aware of patterns that work – and what doesn’t work – for you. You can find the Level2 Food & Glucose Diary here.
- Be as specific as possible – e.g., instead of “beef”, was it a steak? Burger? Hot Dog?
- Include quantities – e.g., instead of “carrots”, was it 1? 2? ½ cup?
- Look for patterns – notice the times you eat or workout, how you feel when you do certain things or what seems to throw you off your usual routine.
Use It to Take Charge!
- Look for cause & effect – e.g., trouble sleeping when you have an afternoon cup of coffee or have a better workout if you skip breakfast in the morning.
- Reward yourself – journaling adds accountability to spot areas for improvement, but also to highlight accomplishments and keep track of your goals.
May. 14 2020