By the Numbers: What to Look for in Phase 5
Dec. 22 2022
Phase 5: Crush Your Goals
What Am I Looking For?
A 90-day average glucose at 140 mg/dL or lower without glucose-lowering medications. This goal corresponds to an A1C of less than 6.5, which is the remission level per the American Diabetes Association (ADA) definition.
Where Do I Look?
- Download the Dexcom Clarity app to your smartphone and log in using your G6 email and password
- Select 90 on the top bar to show 90 days of CGM data
- Observe average glucose in glucose tile.
See the graphic below for more guidance:
What Am I Doing?
- Continue the dietary strategies you’ve been learning (low-carb eating and time restricted eating).
- Tuning in to your body, noticing how you feel when your glucose is elevated and using what you’ve learned to keep it lower.
- Learn more about listening to the signals your body is giving you.
- Might you no longer need to wear a continuous glucose monitor (CGM) all the time? Read this article to learn more.
- Connect with your Level2 Care Team through the Level2 app for more strategies to help you stay on track.