By the Numbers: What to Look for in Phase 3
Dec. 14 2022
Phase 3: Master Time in Range
What am I looking for?
- Time in Range (TIR) – Maintaining blood glucose between 70-180 mg/dL at least 75% of the time.
- Learn more about TIR from this article
Where do I look?
- Download the Dexcom Clarity app to your smartphone and log in using your G6 email and password.
- To monitor changes to your TIR:
- Open the app and select 2 on the top bar. This will show two days of CGM data.
- Observe bolded In Range Percent in the Time in Range tile.
- Check your two-day TIR daily to monitor your progress.
- Your TIR will improve as you reduce spikes and implement new glucose-lowering strategies.
- Continue to use your G6 app to monitor spikes and observe how your actions affect your glucose levels.
To check your progress toward the phase target:
- Open the app and select 14 on the top bar. This will show 14 days of CGM data.
- Observe bolded In Range Percent in Time in Range tile.
- The target is for your 14-day TIR to be 75% or greater.
See the graphic below for more guidance:
What am I doing?
- Use the Dexcom Clarity app to observe TIR and progress towards the phase target of a 14-day TIR of 75%
- Observe how the dietary strategies below affect your TIR
- Learn low-carb eating. Start with this: Low-Carb Eating: A Summary
- For more detail, please see our Low-Carb Medical Guide
- Learn time restricted eating. Start with this: Time Restricted Eating: A Summary
- For more detail, please see our TRE Medical Guide
- Connect with your Level2 Care Team through the Level2 app. We’re here to help!