Going on a Trip and Unsure What to Pack? We’ve Got You
Jul. 21 2022
Traveling with type 2 diabetes can be challenging if you’re worried about managing your condition and staying healthy, but you can try to prepare as well as possible for the trip by packing all the necessities. Our Level2 coaches take the guesswork out of your packing list so you can simply enjoy your time away.
Here is our list of must-brings for a trip if you have type 2 diabetes:
- Water bottle (don’t fill until after you clear security if you’re flying)
- Cell phone
- Glucometer & test strips
- Extra continuous glucose monitor (CGM) supplies
- Fast-acting glucose tabs/gel
- Medications – bring extra in case your trip is delayed or extended!
- Pre-filled medication organizer
- Sleep aids (eye mask / noise maker / ear plugs / etc.)
- Sharps/needles disposal containers (if applicable)
- Clear plastic gallon bags for supplies to be clearly seen if flying
- Physician letter(s) verifying CGM necessity – if applicable (flying or security concerns on tours and travel) . If you learn that you need one to reach your destination, please call Level2 Support at 1-844-302-2821, TTY 711.
- Purse/backpack/travel bag to carry supplies with you at all times
- Headphones for music/podcasts/mindfulness apps to reduce stress
- Snacks to get you through your travels (here’s a good list)
- Diabetes ID – bracelet, necklace, etc.
Are you looking for more tips on staying healthy while you travel? Check out our “9 Ideas for Staying Healthy While Traveling.”